Shipping | Warranty | Returns
OPTION #1: Choose from our "Quick Ship" items that come in some of our best selling products and fabric.
OPTION #2: If our production times permit, you can opt for a rush order fee. Please contact our customer service to see if a rush service is available and to receive a quote for the rush fee.
Our chairs are all made to order, and therefore cannot be returned.
Orders placed outside of mainland Canada or the United States that are returned for reasons other than delivery damage or manufacturing defect are non-refundable.
Rest Easy — our manufacturing warranty covers:
- 5 years on internal wood frame
- 5 years on internal springs
- 5 years on exterior metal frames or exposed woods
- 2 years on foam, fabric and metal glider mechanisms
- 1 year limited warranty on bassinet and Cubino kids chair
- Original proof of purchase is required to make a claim. Warranty is non-transferable.
- Our warranty does not apply to products purchased under the following circumstances:
- Floor models, or display models
- Second hand or "as is" merchandise
- Obtained during a going out of business or liquidation sale
- Purchased through a rental company
- If the product has been altered in any way, the warranty will be void (i.e. reupholstering, adding fabric treatment, etc.)
- Claims relating to regular wear & tear, dye transfers, exposure to direct sunlight, misuse of the product causing damage/deterioration are not classified as manufacturing defects and will not be covered under warranty.
- Warranty will be void if merchandise has been moved from original delivery address.
- Failure to follow proper assembly, cleaning and/or care instructions are not classified as manufacturing defects and will not be covered under warranty.
- Monte Design reserves the right to charge for any additional expenses that may be incurred during a warranty claim (i.e. shipping & labour costs).
Yes we ship to most International locations. Please contact us for quotes and eligibility.
Yes! Orders shipping to Europe can be placed through our EU website montedesign.eu.
We ship to the following European countries: Andorra | Austria | Belgium | Denmark | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Iceland | Ireland | Italy | Luxembourg | Monaco | Netherlands | Norway | Portugal | San Marino | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland
Additional Locations: Hong Kong
Your order will be charged in Euros and shipping is complimentary.
If your country is not on the list please contact our customer service team for rates & eligibility.
No, your order will ship tax and duty free. No other charges will be incurred.
Health | Safety | Sustainability
All of our products are manufactured in our Toronto, Canada facility. Furthermore we source the majority of our materials from Canada, the U.S. and Europe.
We use Canadian Made 2.5lb foam Certi-pur certified foam. The high-density foam we use is low-voc (0.5 parts per million) and the highest quality available. It is made to endure several years of heavy use while maintaining its strength and comfort. Our foam is also made without flame retardants, phthalates, heavy metals or formaldehyde.
For customers that have a sensitivity or concern with foam products we do offer options that use no polyurethane foam. These options are exclusive to select retailers and feature organic natural latex foam and polyester fiber in place of polyurethane foam.
We offer a range of fabric options that are completely untreated and use no stain resistant highly fluorinated chemicals. For additional information on our fabric options visit our responsible manufacturing page our call us toll free at 1-866-604-6755.
We exclusively use Canadian-made water-based formaldehyde-free (Green Guard Certified) glue in our open-spray facility. Further, the raw plywood material that is used in our frame construction is TSCA Title VI compliant for formaldehyde emissions (0.05 ppm).
Yes, we are GREENGUARD Gold certified.
The Rockwell bassinet features foam sides. Breathable sides are not a safety requirement and there is no evidence that breathable sides make a safer bassinet. The primary safety concern with any bassinet or crib is the use of toys or blankets when your infant is less than 1 years old. SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) is a safety concern for all new parents and any company claiming that breathable sides reduces the risk of SIDS would be in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (U.S.A). The FDA has never approved a product to reduce the risk of SIDS.
Yes. All our products meet or exceed all Canadian and American safety standards.
The Rockwell Bassinet meets all applicable CPSC, ASTM and Health Canada requirements for bassinets as detailed in ASTM F2194-16e1 (Specifications for Bassinets and Cradles) in the U.S. and SOR/2016-152 (Cribs, Cradles and Bassinet Regulations) in Canada.
All upholstered furniture meets CAL 117- 2013 requirements.
No. All of our products do not contain any harmful toxins such as PBDE's or any flame retardants. We are committed to using safe, proven and sustainable supplies for all our customers, especially the littlest ones. For more info, please visit our responsible manufacturing page.
Yes, we offer a discount to designers and members of the trade. Please contact us with your business credentials for approval or call 1-866-604-6755.
We offer you the best price possible year round without needing to provide promo codes and discounts.
Yes. We absolutely love Oeuf Canada furniture. www.oeufcanada.com or www.oeufnyc.com
Yes. We proudly support Sick Kids Hospital of Toronto, Children's Aid Foundation, along with several other local children's charities.
Yes! Please contact our customer service to discuss.
The basic difference is that a rocker has an arched base that rocks back and forth, and a glider has a metal mechanism under the chair that glides back and forth. Both provide incredible soothing properties. Learn more about which chair is best for you by clicking here.
Caring for Fabrics | Assembly | Products
CARE & CLEANING
HOW TO SPOT CLEAN FABRICS:
- If needed, vacuum first and/or gently blot away as much of the spill as possible using a clean white cloth
- Mix 1 tsp clear liquid soap with 1 Cup warm water until little bubbles appear
- Dampen a soft clean cloth with soap/water solution and using short circular motions, gently wipe the spot. Do not saturate the fabric with the solution
- Once the spot is removed, use a clean water-dampened cloth to blot the area and remove any soap residue; blot with a fresh dry cloth and allow to air dry
- For larger or difficult spills, please consult a professional upholstery cleaner
IMPORTANT FOR BRUSHED COTTON/LINEN:
Our cotton/linen is a premium all-natural fine fabric.
- Follow above instructions, but never scrub harshly or saturate with water/soap, or discoloration may occur
- To avoid water rings: once the spot is removed, wipe the entire area of fabric (beyond the stained spot) with the water-only dampened cloth to blend the fabric
This information is a general guideline.
For tougher stains or overall soiled condition, please consult a professional upholstery cleaner.
HOW TO WASH REMOVABLE COVERS (kids’ chairs, bassinets, seat & back covers):
Turn inside out and wash separately in cold water. Never allow covers to soak in water, or colours may bleed. Do not put in dryer. Reshape and lay flat to dry. Cool iron if necessary.
- To prevent fading and/or cracking of the fabric, keep furniture out of direct sunlight and heat
- Never use abrasive or acidic cleaning products
- Vacuum upholstery regularly; for Enviroleather, wipe regularly with a clean dampened cloth
- Avoid dark denim and clothing on light furniture; dyes may transfer and be difficult to clean
- Clean spills as soon as they occur.
- Do not use any after market fabric protector or leather protector on Monte products, or warranty will be void
- For more info about Enviroleather click here
- Always use felt pads or a rug under your Monte furniture to avoid damage to floors
- Dust all woods and metals regularly; when needed, only use a clean, water-dampened cloth to wipe down; do not use cleaning products or abrasive cleaning pads on woods or metals
- Do no sit or rest on arms of a glider; this may damage the gliding mechanism
- Inspect all parts annually (i.e. gliding mechanism, hardware, wood slats, trundle wheels, etc.) to ensure proper functioning and to clean out any dust and/or debris build-up
All of our products arrive fully assembled, except for our beds, which require minimal assembly.
The Monte Trundle Bed is a customizable roll out bed that fits underneath the Twin (single) or Full (double) sized bed. It can be used as an extra bed for sleepovers (trundle mattress sold separately) or as extra storage for toys and clothing. To use as a storage piece you may custom fit material such as hard cardboard (not included) and lay it out over the wooden slats to create a solid platform.
One toddler guard rail can be installed on either side of the Dorma or Luna bed, and if you need additional protection for your toddler, you can purchase two guard rails. When your child doesn't need the guard rail(s) any longer, simply replace them with the original rail(s) -- no tools required!
No, our gliders do not have the option of locking. However, our grano glider recliner will not glide once the chair is reclined.
A faux-leather fabric designed to have minimal impact on the environment and to limit people’s exposure to harmful toxins. Some characteristics include: No PVC or Plasticizers, No Antimicrobials, No Flame Retardants, No Perfluorochemicals, No Formaldehyde. It is resistant to peeling, cracking and delamination, cleanable and stain resistant.
For additional information please click here: EnviroleatherTM Fabric Details
We do not offer COM on single orders. For larger COM projects, please contact us for details.
We do offer a custom lumbar pillow option with your supplied fabric. Please contact us for details.
Unfortunately, we do not.